WHITE SPOON LIMITED is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
• you use our website www.thewhitespoon.co.uk
• you make a booking on our website.
• you make enquiries on our website.
• someone is interested in working with us.
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
WHITE SPOON LIMITED is a restaurant/venue based in Cheltenham.
Our registered address is: Norfolk House, 8 Well Walk, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 3JX.
We collect information from you:
• when you make a booking.
• when you visit a restaurant (preferences, allergies etc.).
• make an enquiry.
• when you sign up to marketing emails.
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking. We will collect this information so we can fulfil your booking request and you may dine at our venue.
When you make a booking:
WHITE SPOON LIMITED collects information such as but not exclusive to:
• e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails)
• home or work address
• date of birth
• billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information for
use in the case of no-shows (where applicable)
• telephone number
• company name
• dietary requests
• marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
When you dine at WHITE SPOON LIMITED:
• marketing responses (where applicable)
• survey responses
• current and past restaurant reservation details
When you access our sites:
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by WHITE SPOON LIMITED. This information can include:
• device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
• operating system
• IP address
• browser type
• browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
• domain names
• access times
• referring website addresses
• other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to EMAIL. This information may include:
• personal details
• employment details
• salary history
• other relevant details
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records at EMAIL.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• Send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback).
• Improve our products and services.
• Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers (e.g OpenTable for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our Sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
For reservations taken through OpenTable software, your data will only be stored in the UK. OpenTable data is stored securely in data centres managed by OpenTable
For marketing information sent via Mailgen, data is stored in the UK, Mailegn data is stored securely in data centres managed by Telia Cloud Soluitions.
In certain circumstance (such as to make reservations at certain days; and to purchase Gift Cards), we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information to us, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including, but not limited to, vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms.
• When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date, but excluding the CVV number) to our third-party payment service providers and the applicable restaurant.
• When you initially provide your credit or debit card account information through our booking system in order to use our restaurant payment services, we provide your credit or debit card account information to our third-party payment service providers. As explained in out terms, these third parties may store your credit or debit card account information so you can use our restaurant payment services through our Sites in the future to the extent permitted by local law.
White Spoon Limited takes all commercially-reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Sites or through our Sites, it will be protected by cryptographic protocols. To be clear, we are not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. We use third party payment processors that are the controllers of your credit card information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or your other information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by White Spoon Limited or our third-party service providers. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your information secure.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at EMAIL.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that WHITE SPOON LIMITED holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: email@example.com
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will, therefore, be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following basis):
All data will be retained for five years after you have ceased using our services. In the case of recruitment, information will be retained for six months after the last contact.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
• Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.