Roasted Cauliflower Tortelloni, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Asparagus
Our menus demonstrate a passion for showcasing the diversity of ways in which ingredients can be prepared and enjoyed. In this case the humble cauliflower is transformed into a spectacular dish.
This recipe card can be found in the Cheltenham store of Whole Foods Market now.
Prep 12 hours (including time to rest pasta)
Cooking time 20 min
34g pasta flour
45g egg yolk
5g egg white
1 large cauliflower
187ml full fat milk
50g bread crumbs
Drop of double cream for foam
Vegetable oil for roasting
Salt to season
1 egg yolk to use as egg wash
• Make the Pasta dough by placing the semolina, pasta flour, egg yolk, egg white, pinch of salt together in a food processor
• Mix until all combined
• Kneed for 10 minutes
• Cover, place in fridge and rest overnight
• Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
• Cut ¾ of the cauliflower into florets and toss in vegetable oil, season generously.
• Spread evenly onto a baking sheet (use 2 if you need to).
• Roast for 20 mins, turning halfway, until al dente and caramelized.
• Reserve a few good sized florets for later, the rest place in a food processor and pulse until course
• Fold in the breadcrumbs
• Roll to 20g balls and set in fridge for about an hour
• Roll pasta until no 1 on pasta machine
• Cut into circles using a cutter approx. 9.5cm
• Place the cauliflower ball in the middle of the pasta circle. Place a little egg wash around the sides and fold into a semi-circle. Then wrap your around your finger, sticking the two tips together.
• Place in boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes just before serving
Roasted Cauliflower puree
• Finely slice the rest of the cauliflower (including the stalk)
• Place in a pan of hot butter and cook until a deep colour all over
• Add milk, cook just below boiling for 5 minutes
• Remove from heat, puree in a food processor until smooth
• Add 25ml cream.
• Heat 62ml milk and Parmigiano-Reggiano in a pan, whilst stirring until cheese is all melted
• Remove from the heat
• Just before serving, reheat the mixture and whisk with stick blender until it forms a light foam
Place 3 tortellini & the reserved florets in the middle of a shallow bowl.
Spoon over roasted cauliflower puree and foam around pasta
Serve with Asparagus (blanch for 5 minutes until al dente).